Today I started working on the peacock itself. I’m going for a slightly stylized stained-glass look for its leaves/feathers. And I’m not certain whether the eye will stay an eye or whether it will become a gaping shadowed socket. Hmm…
I worked on some background this evening, up behind the wall. These tree trunks probably need to be darkened a little, but it’s good to block it in and get it a little closer to its finished state. You can also see the hedgehog topiary from this angle.
The old internet went down yesterday and it turns out that was a good thing. I needed to work on the site, but I ended up using the time for painting.
Here’s the latest on Ellen and the Peacock. I’ve had fun with this one, even though time to paint has been scarce.
So I’ve been painting. I’ve had this idea of a peacock topiary for a while. This is the initial sketch that I did about a year ago.